Energy Efficiency for Your Home
HELPING YOUR HOME
Do you want to stop wasting energy every month?
Do you want to be more comfortable in your home?
- Are you ready for energy upgrades to increase the value of your home?
If you answered yes to any of these questions, call Co-op Power and learn more about how to improve the energy efficiency of your home with Five Years to Fossil Fuel Freedom or a Home Energy Assessment.
FIVE YEARS TO FOSSIL FUEL FREEDOM
Ask one of our Energy Specialists to help you create your Five Years to Fossil Fuel Freedom plan.
Co-op Power's Five Years to Fossil Fuel Freedom service is designed to help homeowners and communities participate in a process that is committed to reducing energy consumption. We'll help you build a road map to reduce participants' energy footprint including energy used in the home and for transportation.
Five Years to Fossil Fuel Freedom goes beyond basic metrics and recommendations to include an in-depth home analysis for an individual home or homes across a community including any of the following according to the needs of the homes:
HEATING, COOLING, AND HOT WATER
- Heating and Cooling Energy Reduction Behavior Log
- Infrared Camera Test (can only be offered when there is a 20 degree temperature differential between your home and outside)
- Passive Systems Upgrade (identifying ways to use passive heating and cooling technologies)
- Window and Door Recommendations (winserts, referrals for window restoration, basement door insulation, skylight treatments, basement window treatments, interior whole house fan covers)
- Renewable Heating and Cooling Recommendations (to determine your best options for renewable energy generation – solar, wind, geothermal, small hydro, heat pump) with optional add-on for Blower Door Test (for basic diagnostics) and Smart Nest Thermostat installation.
- Hot Water Heating Recommendations (to help you put together a five year plan to upgrade your system’s efficiency and have fossil fuel-free hot water)—Included
- Electrical Usage Reduction Behavior Log
- LED Lighting Upgrade (designing an LED lighting system, LED track lighting systems)—price depends on parts
- Solar LED Lighting Upgrade Recommendations—included
- Renewable Electricity Recommendations w/ Partners (to determine your best options for renewable energy generation – solar options)—included
- Transportation Reduction Behavior Sheet—included
- Transportation Usage Calculations—Included
- Renewable energy for your transportation recommendations (biodiesel in your diesel vehicle, electric vehicle run on your renewable electric system)—Included
CLICK HERE to tell us more about your home and register Five Years to Fossil Fuel Freedom
HOME ENERGY ASSESSMENT
If you live in Massachusetts and you're served by an investor-owned utility, you can have a no-cost energy assessment and air sealing and steep discounts on your insulation upgrade. You've already paid for these services through a special fee added to your utility bill, so sign up to take advantage of these useful services.
Be sure to be present when your Energy Auditor comes to do your energy assessment. You won't want to miss it! Travel with your Auditor through your basement and attic and in between to learn to see your home in an entirely new way. Benefit from years of experience and training, to better understand how air flows through your house, where the drafts originate, where safety concerns are, how your windows and doors are functioning, and how your heating system is functioning. Learn about how air sealing and insulation can reduce your energy bills and make your home more comfortable. Learn about incentives available to you to make your energy efficiency upgrades.
- Get recommendations for energy efficiency upgrades tailored for you and your home.
- Install programmable thermostats and/or remote tracking thermostats.
- Get discounts on efficient LED light bulbs.
CLICK HERE to tell us more about your home and register for a free home energy assessment.