Home Energy Auditor [Boston]
Seeking full-time energy auditor, including some evenings and weekends
Fair Labor Standards Act Designation: NonExempt
Location: Hyde Park, MA office & surrounding region
Compensation: $1721/hour based on experience
REPORTS TO: Boston Energy Efficiency Crew Chief
Conducts comprehensive and precise residential home energy assessments in accordance with utility and government standards and Co-op Power practices, educates homeowners about how to make their homes safer, less expensive to heat and cool, and more comfortable, and assists them in signing up to upgrade their home.
- Conduct home energy assessments in residential homes, entering attics, basements and crawl spaces.
- Conduct combustion safety testing and infrared scanning to evaluate existing conditions and recommend energy efficiency improvements.
- Install instant savings measures such as compact fluorescent lamps and other energy savings devices as defined by the Mass Save Home Energy Assessment Program.
- Complete detailed and accurate data collection and measurements and enter the data in the utility computer program.
- Interact with homeowners and tenants, answering questions regarding energy efficiency and recommend next steps.
- Promote and encourage adoption of energy saving measures recommended in the home energy assessment.
- Schedule work for weatherization crew to implement recommended changes and maintains contact with customers until they begin their weatherization work.
You’ll need to:
- Be available to work evenings and weekends.
- Have demonstrated the ability to arrive at customer homes on time every day.
- Use your own vehicle to travel to customer homes each day (mileage will be compensated).
- Pass our background check and drug screening.
- Have a valid driver’s license with a clean driving record.
To perform this job successfully, an individual must be able to perform each essential duty satisfactorily. The requirements listed below are representative of the knowledge, skill, and/or ability required. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
EDUCATION and/or EXPERIENCE
Required: High School diploma, experience with customer service, ability to work independently and as part of a team; home energy auditing experience.
Preferred: BS in a technical field or building science preferred or equivalent experience; Home energy assessment work experience with the Mass Save program
Required: Excellent ability to speak and write in English to communicate information about the home energy assessment and its findings.
Preferred: Excellent ability to speak and write in Spanish and/or other languages spoken by a large group of people in the Boston area.
Required: Basic computing skills required including email, word processing, spreadsheets, database entry and report generation
Preferred: Experience with building energy modeling software
CERTIFICATES, LICENSES, REGISTRATIONS
Required: BPI Analyst certification
Preferred: Building Envelope certification
Please send cover letter and resume to jobs [at] cooppower.coop with “ENERGY AUDITOR BOSTON” in the subject line. You can also fax your cover letter and resume to 4135170300 or mail it to Co-op Power Boston Metro East, 1476 River Street, Hyde Park, MA 02136.
BACKGROUND INFORMATION ON CO-OP POWER
Co-op Power is a multiclass, multiracial movement for a sustainable and just energy future. We're launching a new Co-op Power Boston Metro East energy efficiency crew to serve the greater Boston area, employing local people, and reducing energy use and energy cost in the region. Co-op Power Boston Metro East is a Community Energy Co-operative run by Co-op Power members in the greater Boston area to organize and advance the goals of justice and sustainability. Learn more at www.cooppower.coop.