Energy Efficiency Crew Worker (Hyde Park, MA)
JOB TITLE: Co-op Power Energy Efficiency Crew Worker (Hyde Park, MA)
COMPENSATION: $13-16/hour (based on experience) plus performance bonus options and benefits.
Will Train right candidate.
FSLA DESIGNATION: Non-Exempt
- Works with his or her crew as part of a team or individual to do air sealing, insulation, and other
- efficiency measures for residential/ light commercial buildings by performing the following duties:
- Reports to and follows directions and supervision by his or her Crew Leader
- Knows how to work with and maintain required tools and materials to complete each task.
- Must be able to perform light carpentry like weatherstripping doors, planning, or building hatches.
- Must be able to stock and maintain truck for each day’s work orders.
- Must follow OSHA job site safety protocols consistently.
- Must be able to help set up and maintain cellulose blowing machine to insulate existing or new construction sites
- Must know how to remove or replace various siding and roofing materials efficiently and cleanly. i.e. vinyl, aluminum , clapboard, shingle and asphalt siding.
- Learns and consistently follows quality control protocols of Co-op Power and our clients. Checks finished work to ensure it has been done to both our standards and our client’s standards.
- Must be a dependable and reliable team member.
- Must be respectful of client’s homes and work to maintain a clean and neat work site.
To perform this job successfully, an individual must be able to perform each essential duty satisfactorily. Crew member must be able to work in confined spaces like attics and crawlspaces, work on roofs, ladders and at high heights. A crewmember will be required to crawl to work areas and may be exposed to extreme temperature differences based on the season of the year. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions. The crew-member must have transportation to and from the workshop.
A basic understanding of job safety required. GED or High School diploma preferred. GED required within six months of hire.
None required. English oral and written skills preferred. Spanish oral and written communication skills preferred.
None required. Arithmetic and geometry skills preferred.
CERTIFICATES, LICENSES, REGISTRATIONS
None required, but preferred. MassSave Bootcamp, Lead safe, OSHA 10, and Driver license
The physical demands described here are representative of those that must be met by an employee to successfully perform the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
Employee must be able to move easily from the basement to the roof of a building carrying 50 pounds walking up stairs and on uneven ground or sloped roofs. Employee must be able to work in confined spaces like attic, crawlspaces and basements. Employee must be able to work on ladders and staging at height in excess of 20 feet. Employee must be able to use small hand tools, power drills and other hand and power tools safely.
The work environment characteristics described here are representative of those an employee encounters while performing the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions. Employees must be able to travel to and from job with other members in a company vehicle. Employee must be able to work in dusty environments, in rooms with mild mold, mildew, smells or other inhalants. Employee must be able to work around chemicals and products like caulking, foam, silicone, sealants, and fiberglass or in dusty environment. Employee must be able to supply appropriate clothing for various weather conditions (i.e. rain or snow).
Please send cover letter and resume to jobs [at] cooppower.coop with “HYDE PARK CREW MEMBER” in the subject line. You can also fax your cover letter and resume to 4135170300 or mail it to Co-op Power Boston Metro East, 1476 River Street, Hyde Park, MA 02136.
BACKGROUND INFORMATION ON CO-OP POWER
Co-op Power is a multiclass, multiracial movement for a sustainable and just energy future. We're launching a new Co-op Power Boston Metro East energy efficiency crew to serve the greater Boston area, employing local people, and reducing energy use and energy cost in the region. Co-op Power Boston Metro East is a Community Energy Cooperative run by Co-op Power members in the greater Boston area to organize and advance the goals of justice and sustainability.